Tuesday, March 3, 2009

starting


My name is Nicholas.
February of 08 I went on a missions trip to Botswana Africa! It
changed my life. It woke me up to the fact that there are millions
of orphans in this world and even more people living in poverty. I
don’t think us Americans know what the word poverty means. We
look at a guy on a street corner and say he lives in poverty. Not
true! Compared to other places, no one living in the U.S.A. lives
in poverty!!! There are not millions of kid wandering the streets
looking for food in America!!! Poverty is when kids die from
starvation...that is poverty!!! This is common in many African nations. And what is being done about it???? Well, there are
churches and missions organizations that send people and food down
there along with money!! But that does not even put a dent in the
poverty!! When I was in Africa,  I saw different missions
organizations and they were all working on different things. Most
churches or missions organizations don’t have the funds to do
what needs to be done. There are a lot of little churches and big
churches that want to get rid of poverty. But they can't because
they don’t have the people or money to! But what if we were to
get churches and missions organizations to work together instead of
working against each other??? We, the body of Christ, have a ton of
little armies around the world but they don’t work together, they
don’t plan together, they don’t even tell each other where or
when they are working!! So they end up working against each
other!!! Does that seem smart?? We are making this blog to try
to get support in our goal to unite missions organizations and
churches to work together against poverty!! Isn’t that what God
wants us to do?? I know that in no way would it be easy but that
doesn’t mean it is impossible!! With God every thing is
possible!! In Romans 12 it talks about how the body of Christ
is one body with many different parts!! We are the body
and we have many different parts but we are not working
together!! So what good is that?? Can we now work together???
Sure, we disagree on small things but if we agree on the important
things what is the big problem?? None!! That is what our goal is
and why we think that working together is better than working
apart!!! I want to hear you thoughts on this so please comment!

49 comments:

  1. Very, very, very good job bro!!! Like it a lot!!
    Kkg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stand to raise awareness! It is easy to feel sorry for oneself when a person can't afford movie tickets as often as they'd like and call it suffering. Anything you do to bring awareness to true financial and supply deficiency gets two thumbs up from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Nick! I can't do much but i can PRAY!! Good luck!!!!
    Hadley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I did a report on courage recently and I saw that we need courage for every day life. But after reading this, It makes me see that the African people need more courage than we do here in America.
    My cousin went down to Mexico last summer and He told me that it opened his eyes like it did yours.
    I love the pics.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. when we were at one of the orphanages a little girl like age 7 came in and tried to steel food for her little sitter that was like 2 the littler girl was taking care of the little sister!! she got some food and gave it to her little sister and she did not eat it!! i thought that was courage!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is sweet! I would LOVE to go to Africa someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah Africa is an awesome place!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. why havn't you gone on a missions? Not that thats bad or anything. If you have wanted to why havn't you??

    ReplyDelete
  9. well??? if you dont want to answer thats okay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its not that I did not want to answer, but i had to make it quick cause I had to go.
    The reason that i have not gone on any is cause I have never had the opportunity to go. My cousin did ask me to go with him this year to Mexico but it did not work out. Oh and because I don't really have any friends who have gone on one and who would be willing to take me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, great Job Nicholas!! I agree with you 100%, churchs should work together to reach the goal, The only thing I can do is pray that this works for you. And I think it's great that you went to africa last year to help out.

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  12. there is more you can do i will tell you in the next post i think or the one after that

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Nicholas! Cool blog!
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  14. would you be willing to do something about it?? Or is it going to be one of those things so many people say they agree with but are not willing to do anything about??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes I would be willing to do something about it. Right now all I can do is pray.

    ReplyDelete
  16. whats huh mean?? and there is something you can do you can get the blog out there and help me get people interested

    ReplyDelete
  17. tell people about it is the best way

    ReplyDelete
  18. So like putting a post up on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh is it that doll blog? I'm not so sure about that!!! :) :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. NO!!! Its my blog! If you want to take a look at it it is www.daughtersarise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. okay just checking you had me worried for a sec there

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks! We will see what happens with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. dose anyone know if you can get a chat thing on the blog???

    ReplyDelete
  24. ok well if any one dose could they please tell me how to do it?

    ReplyDelete
  25. go to the layout page and click add gadget. Then it will come up with a list of things that you can add. Go to the far left side of that page then click communications. They have some options that you can chose from.
    Does that help?

    ReplyDelete
  26. let me check im not sure if it dose or not

    ReplyDelete
  27. its not working so im not sure if it will or not thanks ether way!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your welcome! It seams to work on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey! The word is out! Take a look at my blog!
    http://daughtersarise.blogspot.com/
    Kiehl

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your welcome! I had to do a post on new blogs anyway.

    ReplyDelete